Thursday, 13 August 2015
Com. R L Kapoor, New Delhi informs:
The case filed by us (OA No 2173/2014) was listed for hearing by the Double Bench of Principal CAT for today, the 12th August 2015. But it was not heard today as the Department of Telecom has changed its advocate. The case is now posted to 8th October 20-15.
Friday, 7 August 2015
06/08Since the Hon’ble Minister of Communications Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad was busy in some other meeting, we could not meet him personally. However, we made over the invitation for our All India Conference to his office.
Com. P.S.Raman Kutty and Com. G.Natarajan met Shri Anupam Shrivatsava CMD BSNL personally and invited him to the All India Conference.
MEETING WITH MEMBER (FINANCE):
Com. D.Gopalakrishnan, Com. P.Gangadhara Rao, Com.S.Gunasekaran and Com. R.L.Kapoor met Smt. Annie Moraes Member (Fin) and had a detailed discussion for the second time. Member (Fin) informed that her office has not received query from Department of Expenditure on 78.2 IDA case. We appraised her on the need of holding a Pension Adalat at national level. Member (F) wanted data of cases pending at national level to be settled in co-ordination with BSNL authorities. We assured that we would supply the data very soon.
MEETING with UNDER SECRETARY (Admin): We met Smt. Anuradha Ganesh Under Secretary (Admn) in Department of Telecom and requested her to expedite the comments from Department of Telecom on our memorandum to the VII CPC. She assured that it would be sent very soon.
MEETING with DIRECTOR (Establishment): We met Shri P.Khanna Dir (Estt) and discussed the case of extra increment. Dir (Estt) assured that he would examine the case. Full Details will be supplied through the next circular.
05/08MEETING WITH DIRECTOR (HR) BSNL Mrs. Sujatha Ray on 3-8-2015.
Our leaders G.Natarajan, P.Gangadhara Rao, S.Gunasekaran and Sisodia CS NTR met her discussed the following issues:
- 1.BSNL MRS: Dir (HR) told that we are working out a comprehensive medi-claim scheme for in-patient treatment. Pensioners’ interest will be taken care of while finalizing the scheme. The problem with ERP will be sorted out.
- 2.Quarters for Spouse: Will be examined
- 3.Rent free telephone in some circles: The concession is being limited to local calls only. We demanded that such restriction should be removed. She assured that a favourable note prepared already would be placed for BSNL Board approval
Wednesday, 5 August 2015
NEWS FROM OUR CHQ NEW DELHI:COM PSR DG GN GANGADHAR RAO GUNASEKARAN RL KAPOOR AND SISODIA MET DOT SECRETARY ON 4/8/2015AND READ THE DETAILS V. RAMA RAO CIRCLE SECRETARY TAMILNADU
MEETING WITH DIRECTOR (HR) BSNL Mrs. Sujatha Ray on 3-8-2015.
Our leaders G.Natarajan, P,.Gangadhara Rao, S.Gunasekaran and Sisodia CS NTR met her discussed the following issues:
1. BSNL MRS: Dir (HR) told that we are working out a comprehensive medi-claim scheme for in-patient treatment. Pensioners’ interest will be taken care of while finalizing the scheme. The problem with ERP will be sorted out.
2. Quarters for Spouse: Will be examined
3. Rent free telephone in some circles: The concession is being limited to local calls only. We demanded that such restriction should be removed. She assured that a favourable note prepared already would be placed for BSNL Board approval
VERY FRUITFUL MEETING WITH SECRETARY TELECOM ON 4-8-2015
We had a fruitful meeting for 45 minutes between 1745 and 1830 hours with Shri Rakesh Darg IAS, Secretary Telecom. Smt. Annie Moraes, Member (Fin) was also present. Our Association was represented by PSR President, DG Vice President, GN General Secretary, P.Gangadhara Rao AGS, S.Gunasekaran Treasurer, R.L.Kapoor Vice President NTR Circle and D.P.S.Pichodia CS NTR.
1. 78.2 IDA: We conveyed our serious concern over the undue delay in sending the Cabinet Note to Cabinet even though Secretary assured to send it within 15 days on 26-3-2015. We pointed out the transaction of business rule which says that DOT can send the note to the cabinet even if the nodal ministries do not send their comments within 15 days. In the instant case, 45 days are already over. In response, Secretary Telecom appreciated the above point, but he said that if DOT sends the note without comments from DOE particularly, the cabinet may return the file causing further delay. However, DOT shall take all efforts to obtain the comments from DOE without further delay and send the final cabinet note soon.
We said that once the cabinet approves, the order along with Ready Reckoner should be circulated and the order should contain specific time frame for implementation. In this connection, we pointed out when the DOT issued the order on 15-3-2011, it was endorsed by BSNL CO only on 4-4-2011. The time frame of 6 months was not adhered to by the CCAs except NTR and there was huge delay while releasing the arrears for pre-2007 Retirees . Both the Chairman and the Member (Fin) assured that this aspect shall be taken care of.
2. FUTURE PENSION REVISION:
A detailed discussion took place on this issue. We argued firmly that the PRC cannot suggest any Pension revision. We pointed out that first pension fixation is only linked with pay structure. Subsequent pension revision takes place based on existing pension/family pension plus DR at that point of time and a recommended fitment benefit and not linked with pay. PRC is only for the Executives. For non-executives, it is based on bargaining capacity and affordability of the organization.
We pointed out that our memorandum was forwarded by VII CPC to DOT for comments on 15-1-2015. But DOT has not yet offered its comments. Secretary after hearing our argument, finally said that DOT shall send its views on our memorandum to 7th CPC very soon. He also said that DOT will take up the next pension revision for BSNL pensioners with concerned department after the 7th CPC submits its report.
3. We requested the Secretary DOT to conduct Pension Adalat at National level at least once in 6 months because, there are certain policy issues involving both DOT and BSNL. Secretary agreed to the proposal.
Later, we met Member (Services) and as per his direction, we met DDG (Estt) Shri S.K.Jain and had a detailed discussion on 7th CPC also. In toto, the meeting was very fruitful and purposeful.
Tuesday, 4 August 2015
When Dr A P J Abdul Kalam was the President of India, his elder brother and family members visited Delhi. Dr Kalam did not permit to treat them as the official guests. He arranged two busses to take them around Delhi. He paid the rent for the vehicles from his own pocket. They stayed in Rashtrapati Bhavan. He paid the room rent for their stay from his pocket. His elder brother - above 85 years old at that time - stayed with him in the same room. Dr Kalam wanted to pay rent for that also. But officials in Rashtrapati Bhavan told him that as per rules, it can not be accepted.
According to his then Personal Secretary Mr. Nair, he paid Rs 3.5 lakhs for the family's Delhi visit. That is Dr. Abdul Kalam.
And when the the entire nation is mourning the death of one of India's most loved and popular presidents APJ Abdul Kalam, his immediate successor and another former president Smt. Pratibha Patil is once again in the news.
According to media reports, she wants the Central government to foot her fuel bill, provide her an official vehicle and also allow her to use her private vehicle. The government rules clearly state that a former President can avail either fuel allowance if he or she uses own vehicle, or use a government vehicle.................................................................................................................................................................................
And, a former President gets Rs 75000 per month as Pension + DA + Rs 60,000 as office maintenance allowance. (Total Rs 2.24 lakhs per month at present)
Rent free Residence, Car, Telephone, Computer with broadband connections,
Personal staff paid by the government
Please refer our earlier postings in this Website on the subject of MINIMUM PENSION.After dilly-dallying for years, after repeated defeats at every stage in the Court Case (CAT, HIGH COURT, and SUPREME COURT) the authorities are compelled to issue a new order today, granting the benefit from 1-1-2006, instead of 24-9-2012, as decided earlier.It is a great victory for the senior pensioners who steadfastly fought the battle in the Court.
Accommodation: Accommodation is arranged in some Marriage halls near the AIC Venue itself.
They are available from 8 AM on 20th November 2015.
And up to 3 PM on 23-11-2015.
[Please see Patrika No 19 Page 21 for details.]
CDA INCREASE BY 6 PERCENT