We are very glad to see the letter written by Shri K. Sebastin, General Secretary of Sanchar Nigam Executives ssociation (SNEA) of India to Secretary, Telecom on pension revision in BSNL. He demands pension revision delinked with PRC Report and affordability. He demands pension revision under CCS (Pension) Rule 1972. We welcome his demand.
Last time, the benefit given by Second PRC (30% of Basic Pay and 30% of DA then) was better than the benefit given by sixth CPC (40% of Basic Pension). So, it is nothing but natural that some comrades demanded PRC formula for our pension revision this time. They did not expect the ‘affordability’ condition. Realizing the situation, all are coming to the position of demanding pension revision in BSNL under CCS (Pension ) Rule, 1972.
Now, let all organizations representing BSNL retirees place one demand:
“Revise the Pension recognizing BSNL retirees as Central Service Pensioners receiving pension from Government of India under CCS (Pension) rule, 1972.”
This will ensure pension revision in future.This is a demand for not only the existing pensioners but for those who are in service now also. Next Pay/Pension revision will take place after ten years.Before that all those DOT employees absorbed in BSNL will retire from service. Hence we raise the demand for a permanent, sustainable system for pension revision as per CPC formula for all the 2.93 lakh DOT employees absorbed in BSNL – those who are already retired and those who will be retiring.
PENSION PAYING LIBAILITY IS 100% WITH GOVT.HENCE PENSION REVISION RESPONSIBILITY ALSO IS 100% WITH GOVT.
See the letter written by GS of SNEA:
…No: SNEA/CHQ/SEC DoT/2015-18/21Dated 21.08.2017.
ToSmt. Aruna Sundararajan,Secretary, DoT,
Sanchar Bhavan, New Delhi.
Sub: Pension revision for the BSNL pensioner’s w.e.f. 01.01.2017 as per Rule 37A of the CCS Pension Rules, 1972.
Pension revision for the retired BSNL Executives and Non Executives is not linked with the 3rd PRC or pay revision of the serving BSNL Executives or the affordability of BSNL.
BSNL was formed on 01.10.2000 by the corporatization of DTS/DTO and more than 3.5 lakhs Govt employees got absorbed in BSNL. Out of 3.5 lakhs, 2 lakhs employees already retired from the service. All of them got absorbed in BSNL on the firm commitment from the Govt that they will be paid Govt pension on IDA pay scales as per the provisions of CCS Pension Rules 1972. For this purpose, Govt amended the CCS Pension Rules 1972 by inserting Rule 37A, specifically for BSNL Pensioners. Like other Central Govt pensioners, pension for the BSNL pensioners also paid by the Govt.The last pension revision for BSNL Pensioners had done w.e.f. 01.01.2007, co-terminus with the date of pay revision for the Executives and Non Executives of the CPSUs. Next pension revision for the BSNL pensioners is due from 01.01.2017.
Pension revision for the BSNL pensioners is not linked with the 3rd PRC or pay revision of the serving BSNL Executives due to the following reasons:
1) Pension for the BSNL Pensioners is governed by Rule 37A of the CCS Pension Rules, 1972. Pension is paid by the Govt, not by BSNL.
2) Since Pension is paid by the Govt, affordability or profitability of BSNL is not at all affects the pension revision.
3) For the BSNL pensioners, the pension contribution as decided by the Govt is already paid in full by BSNL to the Govt, till their retirement.
4) 3rd PRC recommendation is only for pay revision unlike Central Pay Commission (CPC) where pay revision and pension revision were part of the terms of reference and recommendations of CPCs.
5) PRC is only for the Executives unlike the Central Pay Commission (CPC) where pay revision and pension revision were part of the terms of reference for all, officers as well as other employees.
6) Pension revision for BSNL pensioners was not part of terms of reference of 3rd PRC and hence no recommendation is given by 3rd PRC in this regard. Another reason is that 3rd PRC is only for the Executives, not for the Non-Executives.
7) Last pension revision for BSNL pensioners w.e.f 01.01.2007 was done through a Union Cabinet decision.
8) With regards to fitment, Union Cabinet already decided 15% fitment on IDA scales.In view of the above submissions, your kind personal intervention is solicited to take urgent steps to get the pension revision implemented for BSNL pensioner’s w.e.f. 01.01.2017 with 15% fitment, with the approval of Union Cabinet.
With kind regards,
1. Shri Manoj Sinha, Hon MoSC for kind information and n/a pl.
2. Shri Pradeep Kumar Sinha, Cabinet Secretary for kind information and n/a pl.
3. Smt Aruna Sundararajan, Secretary, DOT for information and n/a pl.
4. Shri R. K. Misra, Member(Services), Telecom Commission for information and n/a pl.
5. Smt Anuradha Mitra, Member(Finance), Telecom Commission for information and n/a pl.
6. Shri Anupam shrivatava, CMD, BSNL for information pl.
7. Smt Sujata T Ray, DIR(HR), BSNL Board for information pl.
TO THE TENTH YEAR
WITH CONFIDENCE, CONVICTION AND PRIDE
IT WAS ON THIS DAY [20, AUGUST] IN 2009 WE MET IN CHENNAI AND FORMED THIS MIGHTY ORGANIZATION- AIBSNLPWA. 9 YEARS HAVE PASSED SINCE. WE HAVE GROWN. TODAY WE HAVE 27000 LIFE MEMBERS AND MORE THAN 45000 ANNUAL MEMBERS SPREAD OVER MORE THAN 300 SSAs IN 23 TELECOM CIRCLES. IT SHOWS THAT THE BSNL PENSIONERS ALL OVER INDIA HAVE CONFIDENCE IN AIBSNLPWA. WE HAVE CLEAR CONVICTION ABOUT THE SERIOUS SITUATION. WE ARE CLEAR ABOUT OUR DEMANDS. WE ARE QUITE AWARE OF THE TASK BEFORE US. ON THIS DAY WHEN WE ENTER THE TENTH YEAR OF OUR VIBRANT ACTIVITIES WE REITERATE OUR PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL WORK WITH TOTAL DEDICATION AND COMMITMENT. COME WHAT MAY, MOVE FORWARD……
Reports started pouring in CHQ about observance of Formation Day by our branches at different parts of the Country.